- 2020-01-27 On 27 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the ministerial meeting
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
CEDAW Committee Publishes Concluding Observations Following Presentation of Lithuania’s Report
On 11 November, the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) published its findings on how Lithuania is implementing the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
The Committee welcomed the progress achieved and the legislative and institutional measures taken by Lithuania aimed at accelerating the elimination of discrimination against women and promoting gender equality. The Committee recommended Lithuania to intensify efforts in combatting gender-based violence, trafficking in persons, discrimination of women in labour market, gender-based stereotypes, to implement measures to increase women’s participation in political and public life and women’s economic empowerment, to better ensure rights of women with disabilities, to ratify the Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence against Women and Domestic Violence, signed by Lithuania in 2013. The full text of the Committee’s concluding observations may be found here.
Lithuania ratified the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women on 10 September 1995. The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women monitors the implementation of the Convention by its states parties. The Committee consists of 23 independent experts, including professor Dalia Leinartė from Lithuania. Lithuania will submit its seventh periodic report to the Committee in November 2023.