- 2019-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of the delegation led by the President Gitanas Nausėda
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
Exhibition of Lithuanian Jewish history presented in Cape Town
On 6 June the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania presented the exhibition - "One of Seven. Lithuania. Lite. Lita" at the South African Jewish Museum in Cape Town.
The artistic installation, portraying the details of the Jewish nation's history from the times of Grand Duchy of Lithuania up to today's Republic Lithuania, arrived to the country’s second largest city from the Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Center, where it has been exhibited since the grand opening on 9 April.
H.E. Sigutė Jakštonytė, the Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania, welcomed the Cape Town Jewish Community and the members of the South African Parliament who attended the opening ceremony. The Ambassador noted that the year 2020 was announced by the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania as the year of Vilnius Gaon and Lithuanian Jewish history, thus seeking to evaluate the contribution of the Lithuanian Jewish community to the Lithuanian state and to preserve the memory of the victims of the Holocaust. The Ambassador also thanked the Museum for four years of close cooperation.
The exhibition at the South African Jewish Museum in Cape Town will be exhibited until the end of June.