- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Guatemala opens its Honorary Consulate in Vilnius
On 31 May, the Honorary Consulate of Guatemala was opened in Vilnius. It is headed by the entrepreneur Asta Naumenko Meschino.
The opening ceremony was attended by Eduardas Borisovas, Director of the Department of Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Oceania of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, who welcomed the intensifying economic and cultural ties between Lithuania and Guatemala. "I believe that the active Honorary Consul will bring our countries closer together and will open up new opportunities for bilateral cooperation," Borisovas said.
During the ceremony, the Guatemalan Honorary Consul was presented the exequatur issued to her by the Government of Lithuania, authorizing her to carry out her consular duties. The document was signed by the Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevičius.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Lithuania and Guatemala. The countries established their diplomatic relations on 14 December 1993. Roxana Michelle Prieto Andrade has served as Lithuania‘s Honorary Consul in Guatemala since 2007. The Embassy of Guatemala in Sweden is accredited to Lithuania.