- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Linkevičius discusses opportunities for developing the relationship between Lithuania and Ireland, items on the EU agenda
On 12 March, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Chairman of the Select Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence of the National Parliament of Ireland (Oireachtas) Brendan Smith, and discussed the key bilateral issues, as well as items on the agenda of the European Union and Eastern Neighbourhood initiative.
“The EU solidarity is essential for the negotiations on the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU, as well as for maintaining sanctions against Russia and supporting Ukraine’s reforms, if we want the EU to be able to meet the current political, economic, and security challenges,” Lithuania’s Foreign Minister said.
The meeting also discussed the bilateral relationship between Lithuania and Ireland. Linkevičius emphasized the potential for the development of bilateral relations in the areas of economy, education, science, and for working on expanding relations with universities to offer student exchange programs.
The Chairman of the Select Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade, and Defence of the National Parliament of Ireland Smith is visiting Lithuania on 10-13 March. On 11 March, he attended a solemn commemorative event on the occasion of the Day of the Restoration of Lithuania’s Independence in the Seimas. In addition, Smith is also holding meetings with representatives from the Ministry of National Defence and Committees of the Seimas.