- 2020-01-27 On 27 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the ministerial meeting
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January, the Political Director Raimonda Murmokaitė participates in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2020-01-28 On 28 January at 3 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the International Holocaust Remembrance Day event
- 2020-01-29 On 29 January at 10 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council
Lithuania allocates humanitarian aid to Albania
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania has allocated additional EUR 10, 000 for humanitarian aid to Albania. The funds will be transferred to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
This action contributes to the response to the earthquake that struck on 26 November 2019 near Tirana, the capital of Albania, and to the provision of humanitarian aid to the victims of disaster.
The earthquake killed 51 people, 650 were injured, and thousands were left homeless.
In solidarity with the people of Albania, the Government of Lithuania has already allocated EUR 50, 000 from the Government Reserve Fund for humanitarian assistance to this country.
Due to the decision taken by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the amount allocated by Lithuania to Albania has now reached EUR 60, 000.