- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-20 On 20 July, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Article 50) in Brussels.
Lithuanian and Spanish Political Directors focus on hybrid threats
On 8 March, the Lithuanian-Spanish political consultations led by the Political Directors of the Foreign Ministries - Asta Skaisgirytė and Enrique Mora – were held in Vilnius. Diplomats discussed security and defence policy, hybrid threats, the situation in Ukraine, Russia, the Western Balkans, Venezuela, Colombia, and the Middle East.
The interlocutors dedicated particular attention to ways to strengthen European security and defence, and regional security issues. The two Political Directors agreed that hybrid threats would be faced more often in the future, so it was necessary to prepare for this both within the formats of NATO and of the European Union. Skaisgirytė thanked Spain for its contribution to the protection of the airspace over the Baltic states and for participation in military exercise in Lithuania.
The Spanish Political Director shared his opinion on and insights into the situation in Latin America, what could be expected in the near future and what steps should be taken by the European Union, especially in order to resolve Venezuela’s crisis.