- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 8.45 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the USAID Regional Mission Director to Ukraine and Belarus Susan K. Fritz
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a discussion "Lithuania's support to Ukraine, Ukraine's progress and prospects" at the Seimas
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a ministerial meeting
- 2018-10-22 On 22 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in the Belarus Reality Check forum in Vilnius
- 2018-10-22 to 2018-10-23 On 22-23 October, the Chancellor Jūratė Raguckienė is attending the EU Chancellors‘ Meeting in Brussels
Lithuanian representative elected to UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
On 12 June at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, the Lithuanian representative, Professor Jonas Ruškus was re-elected to serve a second term on the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). Having won the second largest number of electoral votes, Lithuania's candidate was elected in the first round.
As many as 22 candidates competed against each other in the election, 9 independent experts were elected for the 2019-2022 term. Besides J.Ruškus, experts from Nigeria, Australia, Switzerland, the Republic of Korea, Ghana, Brazil, Mexico and Indonesia were elected to the Committee.
In 2014, Professor J.Ruškus was the first Lithuanian representative to be elected to the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. J.Ruškus is a Professor at Social Work Department and Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas. He has authored scientific monographs, research studies, and international publications, as well as become a recognized expert in the area of disability. Professor J.Ruškus has dedicated his career and personal life to working with the disabled, promoting their rights, and reducing social exclusion.