- 2019-12-10 On 10 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-10 On 10 December at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Canada Kevin Rex
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania’s Ambassador presents his letters of credence to President of Nepal
On 12 August, the Ambassador of Lithuania Julius Pranevičius presented his letters of credence to the President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari. Following the ceremony at the Presidential Palace, the Ambassador and the Nepalese President discussed opportunities for intensifying economic, political, and cultural ties between the countries.
The Ambassador J. Pranevičius informed the President of Nepal about the special link between Lithuania and Nepal – the Lithuanian language – that has similarities with the Nepali language.
During his visit to Nepal, the Ambassador also held meetings with the Nepalese Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Supplies, and the Deputy Minister of Finance. The meetings focused on bilateral political and economic relations. The interlocutors agreed that potential niches for the promotion of economic cooperation should be explored. Additionally, the Ambassador presented Lithuania's capabilities in the fields of cyber security, financial technology, innovative technology, logistics, and other areas. Lithuania is also ready to share its reform experience with the Nepalese authorities.
J. Pranevičius is the second Ambassador of Lithuania Ambassador to Nepal, who resides in New Delhi, national capital of India. Lithuania and Nepal established their diplomatic relations on 8 February 2005.