- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council and the General Affairs (Art.50) Council in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Eastern Partnership Ministerial Meeting in Luxembourg
- 2018-10-15 On 15 October, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Astana and Karaganda, Kazakhstan
- 2018-10-16 On 16 October at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Vice-President of the European Commission Maroš Šefčovič in Brussels
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Zananavičius attends the EU’s General Affairs Council in Brussels
On 27 February, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius participated in the EU’s General Affairs Council (GAC) meeting in Brussels.
The Council started preparations for the European Council on 22 and 23 March by examining the annotated draft agenda. The European Council will focus on economic affairs, including issues relevant for jobs, growth and competitiveness.
“When deepening the single EU market, it is important to increase the EU’s competitiveness, accelerate the creation of the digital market, and achieve progress on cyber security issues. As regards social issues, it is crucial that we find a mobility package solution that takes into due account transport sector-specific particularities in the context of the Posting of Workers Directive. When building the Energy Union, it is important to ensure that market openness and transparency principles are applied also to infrastructure projects between member states or third countries,” noted the Vice-Minister Zananavičius.
The Council also discussed priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU. In addition, the European Commission presented its proposal concerning the rule of law in Poland.
The GAC (Art. 50) meeting was held on the same day. The Council was updated on the latest developments in the negotiations with the UK.
For more information about the Council meeting, please click here.