- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations with the delegation of Malta
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Moldova
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 9.35 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and Nicolae Popescu hold a press conference in Chisinau
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Moldova's Prime Minister Maia Sandu
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 12.00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the President of Moldova Igor Dodon
Participant of Lithuanian freedom fights Juozas Jakavonis-Tigras visits the Embassy of Lithuania in Washington, D.C.
On 13 June, Juozas Jakavonis-Tigras (Tiger), the participant of Lithuanian freedom fights, former Lithuanian partisan signalman and adjutant to Adolfas Ramanauskas-Vanagas (Hawk) visited the Embassy of Lithuania in Washington, D.C.
"It is highly symbolic to receive you here, at the Embassy representing Lithuania in America, which is a tiny Lithuanian „island“. In the years of occupation, it remained part of Lithuania, a symbol of our statehood and hope for a new birth of freedom," said the Ambassador of Lithuania to the United States Rolandas Kriščiūnas at a meeting with representatives of the local Lithuanian community.
The meeting took place on the eve of the Day of Mourning and Hope. The participants observed a minute of silence in remembrance of the deportees, partisans, political prisoners, all those who fought and died for Lithuania‘s freedom. The participants have joined in the campaign „Ištark, išgirsk, išsaugok“ (Speak, Listen, Preserve) and read names and information about fates of deportees aloud. The campaign has been held for the third consecutive year in Lithuania. Over 100,000 names of deportees and political prisoners will be read during this year's campaign in 10 Lithuanian cities.
In the meeting at the Embassy, the former partisan Juozas Jakavonis-Tigras told his life story, shared memories about Adolfas Ramanauskas-Vanagas and the most painful moments in his personal history, when he was arrested and tortured.
Juozas Jakavonis is awarded the Cross of Commander of the Order of the Cross of Vytis and the Medal of the Founding Volunteers of the Lithuanian Army.