- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-20 On 20 July, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Article 50) in Brussels.
The contest announced for the first Balts’ Award
The Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Lithuania are pleased to announce the contest for the first Balts’ Award.
The aim of the Balts’ Award is to recognise the excellence and achievements related to individual contribution and accomplishment in promotion of Latvian-Lithuanian and Lithuanian-Latvian translations, teaching and enhancing the use of Latvian and Lithuanian languages, research on the Latvian and Lithuanian tangible and intangible cultural and historic heritage, as well as investigative journalism on Latvian and Lithuanian history, culture and tourism.
In accordance with the Regulation on the Balts’ Award, both – persons and institutions, which have contributed to the above mentioned areas, can be nominated for the Award.
The Jury’s decision on a winner will be made in the early autumn of 2018. The winner of the Balts’ Award 2018 will be announced and the Award presented by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Lithuania in a ceremony held in Latvia.
The Balts’ Award of 3000 euros is annual, receiving equal contributions from the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Lithuania. The Jury of the Award consists of representatives from the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Lithuania as well as independent language, literature and history experts from both countries.
The Award candidates for 2018 can be nominated until 31 May 2018. The applications and Curriculum Vitaes of nominees from Latvia should be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia in English by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia, K. Valdemāra iela 3, Rīga, LV-1395 with reference to “Balts’ Award”. The applications and the Curriculum Vitaes of nominees from Lithuania should be submitted in English to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania by e-mail [email protected] or by post to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, J. Tumo-Vaižganto g. 2, LT-01511, Vilnius.
In case of any further information required, please do not hesitate to contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia ([email protected] or +371 6 7016 201) or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania ([email protected] or +370 706 52480).
The idea to establish the Balts’ Award was first introduced by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and Lithuania on 22 September 2017 during the Balts’ Unity Day. The first Award will be symbolically presented in 2018 when Latvia and Lithuania celebrate the Centenaries.