- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 8.45 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministers’ meeting
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 12.05 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Lithuanian State Defence Council
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting of the General Affairs Council in Brussels
Trilateral political consultations with Estonia and Latvia discuss support for Ukraine and collective security issues
At the trilateral political consultations on 28 April in Tallinn, the delegation of the Lithuanian Foreign Ministry led by the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs Andrius Krivas and representatives of Estonian and Latvian Foreign Ministries discussed the security situation in the region, relations with Ukraine and Russia.
The consultations were held at the initiative of the Foreign Ministry of Estonia’s current Chairmanship of the Baltic Council of Ministers.
The consultations highlighted the importance of a unified EU response to Russia’s actions in the region, which escalate the situation. Representatives of Foreign Ministries of the three Baltic States also stressed the importance of close coordination of actions in international organisations and in capital cities of Allies and partner countries.
The officials agreed to continue to maintain a strong position on non-recognition of the annexation of Crimea and to seek to have tensions in eastern Ukraine reduced. The parties also agreed to increase public awareness and to pay more attention to public diplomacy in Eastern Partnership countries. This initiative received significant attention during the discussion.
During the visit, the Foreign Vice-Minister A.Krivas also took part in an arrival ceremony of an airborne unit of the United States Army at Ämari Airbase, Estonia. Allies sent the airborne troops in response to a request of the Baltic States for an increased activity of NATO’s forces in the region.