- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
U.S.A. and Germany join Vilnius-based NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence
On 10 October in Vilnius, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius participated in a flag-raising ceremony at the NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence. The centre that celebrates its 5th anniversary was joined by the United States of America and Germany.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister stressed that the joining by the United States of America and Germany would undoubtedly boost the centre’s capacities and would provide an opportunity to respond even more effectively to energy security challenges.
“It is clear that the words said by the then NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen at the inauguration ceremony of the centre that the Vilnius-based NATO Energy Security Centre of Excellence was established in a timely manner and in an appropriate place are also important today,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister.
Lithuania together with other members of the centre will continue organising training activities and exercises in the field of energy security, improving the protection of the critical energy infrastructure and energy efficiency, while the expanded NATO team in Vilnius will ensure a high level of expertise to meet the needs of the Alliance and allies in the area of energy security.