Accreditation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania (MFA) is provided for a term up to one year.
In order to receive an accreditation a foreign journalist shall personally or by post address a diplomatic mission or a consular post of the Republic of Lithuania. If there is no diplomatic mission or consular post of the Republic of Lithuania in the country of residence or if a foreign journalist resides in Lithuania, he or she shall address the Public Information Division of the MFA in person, by post or via an e-mail [email protected].
In order to receive the accreditation a foreign journalist submits:
- a request for accreditation printed on an original blank of a represented media organisation signed by its head. A freelance journalist shall sign the request for accreditation himself or herself. The request should be dated and contain the information about a character, topics and fields of activity of the media organisation, a desired period for accreditation and a place of residence of a foreign journalist;
- a filled-in accreditation form;
- a copy of a passport or other valid travel document;
- a copy of a national press card issued by a national journalist union and/or the represented foreign media organisation;
- photographs (2,5x3,0 cm) of the present age of the applicant. The photograph should be a *.jpeg file not larger than 1 MB. Photograph should be sent by e-mail;
- an expired previous MFA accreditation card if a foreign journalist had been accredited by the MFA before.
All the documents should be submitted in Lithuanian or English. If the language of the provided documents is other please provide a Lithuanian or English translation certified according to the laws.
The Public Information Division makes a decision regarding the accreditation of a foreign journalist within 30 working days after receiving all the documents specified above.