To fullfill health insurance requirements for Lithuanian/Schengen visa, you have to provide either a letter from your insurance company or buy a new policy from an international insurance company. In any case, the following shall be indicated in your new health insurance policy or the letter from your insurance company:
- Number of health insurance contract (policy).
- That you are covered for medical, hospitalization and repatriation expenses.
- Particulars of the insurance undertaking (name, address of registered office, telephone or fax number).
- Full name of the insured person.
- The amount of health insurance.
- Duration of health insurance contract (policy).
- Territorial coverage of health insurance contract (policy).
- Non-insured events.
The minimum amount of health insurance in respect of a single alien shall be:
- EUR 30 000 ($45000), in case of issuing a short-term visa (C). No deductibles!
- LTL 20 000 (8000$), where she arrives to the Republic of Lithuania without a visa or in case of issuing airport transit (A) or long-term (D) visa or a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania.