Due to the global spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, state of quarantine in the entire territory of Lithuania is in effect until 31 January 2021, 24:00.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs strongly recommends against all unneccessary travel to Lithuania and abroad. Information on travel restrictions abroad and travel recommendations: Keliauk.urm.lt
National Public Health Center under the Ministry of Health hotline (Working hours: I–IV 8:00–17:00 hs, V 8:00–15:45 hs; weekends – 8:00–17:00 hs) : +370 5 264 9676 or [email protected]
Choose the topic:
All persons, arriving to Lithuania by all means of transport, are obligated to register with the National Public Health Center. Persons may be asked to show a proof of registration before the begining of their travel if using air or sea transport.
All persons, arriving to Lithuania by car, are obligated to register with the National Public Health Center within 12 hours of arrival.
- All persons, arriving to Lithuania from affected countries, have to self-isolate for 10 days and follow mandatory isolation regulations
- Have to provide a negative test result, received not earlier than 48 hours before arrival to Lithuania. If person has a negative test result, self-isolation is not rerquired.
Even in case of negative test result, it is highly recommended to restrict all movement within Lithuania, avoid places of mass gatherings and stay home as much as possible.
The list of affected countries is announced every Friday, and comes into effect every Monday. List is drafted based on the official data of the spread of COVID-19 infection in Europe by the European Council.
More information: Koronastop.lt
All persons, arriving to Lithuania from United Kingdom, have to
- provide a negative test result for COVID-19 take not earlier than 48 hours ago, or register for testing in Lithuania tel. no 1808 (+370 52 196 180) or in any laboratory performing these tests within 24 hours from arrival;
- self-isolate for 14 days (everything about self-isolation; exceptions for isolation).
More information: NVSC
The entry of foreigners into the Republic of Lithuania remains restricted, except for:
- citizens of and persons lawfully residing in the countries of the European Economic Area, the Swiss Confederation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Principality of Andorra, the Principality of Monaco, the Republic of San Marino and the Holy See (Vatican City State); if the mentioned countries are included in the list of affected countries, a negative test result upon arrival or self-isolation of 10 days is required (additional requirements for arrivals from the United Kingdom);
- foreigners who hold a document confirming their right to reside in the Republic of Lithuania, or in whose respect the Migration Department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania has adopted a decision to issue a document confirming the right to reside in the Republic of Lithuania or has sent a notice to submit, within the set deadline, the original documents and biometric data required for the decision to issue a document confirming the right to reside in the Republic of Lithuania, and foreigners who are family members (spouses or persons with whom a registered partnership agreement has been concluded, children (adopted children), including minor children of spouses or persons with whom a registered partnership agreement has been concluded, parents (adoptive parents) and guardians) of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania and of the foreigners who hold a document confirming their right to permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania.
- more exceptions regarding entry to Lithuania are specified in the Resolution No 1226 Declaring state of national quarantine.
- All persons, arriving to Lithuania, must register with the National Public Health Center and follow the restrictions of national quarantine.
Transit through the territory of the Republic of Lithuania is allowed for foreigners in these cases:
- on their return to their country of residence;
- in whose respect a reasoned request has been made by a foreign country;
- using facilitated transit of persons from the territory of the Russian Federation to Kaliningrad region of the Russian Federation and backwards (this transit of persons shall be carried out only through Kena railway border checkpoint and Kybartai railway border checkpoint under the conditions laid down by the Minister for Foreign affairs of the Republic of Lithuania).
In case of transit, registration with the National Public Health Center is not required.