- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 8.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the YIVO delegation
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
- 2019-06-20 On 20 June at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the the ceremony of unveiling the memorial plaque, dedicated to the Yiddish Scientific Institute (YIVO)
- 2019-06-20 to 2019-06-21 On 20-21 June, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the European Council in Brussels as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2019-06-21 On 21 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a diploma award ceremony at the Institute of International Relations and Political Science (IIRPS)
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the new Ambassador of Portugal
On 16 January, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with the new Ambassador of Portugal to Lithuania Rita Laranjinha.
"Lithuania is grateful to the supportive, responsible NATO ally that shows solidarity – Portugal – for making a significant contribution to security in our country and the region," said N.Germanas. Portugal regularly participates in NATO’s Baltic air policing mission. Last summer, the Portuguese Air Force conducted the mission from the Air Base of the Lithuanian Air Force in Šiauliai for the last time.
The interlocutors also agreed that cyber security was a challenge for both countries, so it would be useful to step up our bilateral cooperation in this field. Possibilities of deepening bilateral political cooperation were discussed. The participants of the meeting exchanged their views on the progress of the UK’s negotiations on EU withdrawal, challenges facing the European Union and possible solutions.
The Ambassador of Portugal to Lithuania Rita Laranjinha presented his letters of credence to the President Dalia Grybauskaitė on 16 January. This is her first appointment as Ambassador. Prior to this appointment, she served as Head of the Minister's Cabinet. The Ambassador resides in Copenhagen.